What are the main advantages of forming a joint stock company (SAL) instead of a limited liability company (SARL)?
The advantages of forming a SAL over a SARL reside in two main points:
• Transfer of shares: a SAL, unlike a SARL facilitates the transfer of shares among shareholders and third parties and therefore attracts investors; and
• Benefiting from Circular 331 as a tech startup: The Central Bank of Lebanon requires that startup companies be incorporated in the form of a Lebanese joint stock company (SAL).
There are many reasons why it is better to incorporate:
• To be trusted by counter-parties in all prospective transactions whether with suppliers or cli-ents
• To be protected in all the deals, because without a legal framework a person won’t be pro-tected if a supplier does not deliver the right product, or a client does not pay for products sold or services rendered
• To limit your liability because as a shareholder you are legally responsible for the debts of a company only to the extent of the nominal value of your shares
• To have a marketing framework: a brand name and an entity that can be marketed
• To pay less tax and benefit from tax exemptions given for corporations and merchants
What is the minimum number of partners in a limited liability company?
A limited liability company should combine a minimum of 3 partners and a maximum of 20.
Under which trademark class can I register a domain name?
LGALX.com is a product of Ororus, Inc., a Delaware incorporated company. LGALX.com only provides a software solution and legal information and offers a contact service with lawyers. LGALX.com is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney or law firm and does not provide legal advice. We advise you to consult a lawyer to validate your documents before using any legal question.